Leading With Integrity: Critical Thinking About Ethical Choices
The purpose of this workshop is to help participants build a reputation for integrity by approaching ethical issues with penetrating insight and confident resolve. Living a meaningful professional life involves making enlightened ethical choices in perplexing situations. True professionals evaluate ethical considerations before making decisions. But what are these ethical considerations? How can they be applied to everyday decisions? What distinguishes a right versus wrong decision from a right versus right decision? How does the integrity of a leader or team member influence staff motivation, loyalty, and commitment? These questions and others will be explored in a highly interactive format that emphasizes dialogue and reflective thinking. Participants will be engaged in facilitated discussions based on short readings, group exercises, and case analyses - some of which come from everyday experience.Key Topics
- What is your personal philosophy of ethical practice?
- What are the characteristics of an ethical person?
- How does one's integrity influence professional success?
- What ethical principles can serve as a guide to everyday behavior and decision-making?
- What acts of incivility take place in everyday organizational life?
- What motives drive the behavior of ambitious professionals?
- Should leaders make their ethical values transparent to others?
If so, how?
- How does a leader create a culture of integrity and civility?
- Why is courage the backbone of integrity?
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, career interns, professional staff, and those considering advancing to a supervisory position.
back to workshops
© 2005 -2015 Donald G. Zauderer